-Officer Austin from the Baltimore Police Department answered questions about neighborhood safety. The city is looking into ways to deter squeegee activity at intersections across the city. Officer Austin to make contact with restaurant owners aiding squeegee kids.
– Discussion of neighborhood lights. LIPOA is developing a committee to assess current condition and come up with long term maintenance plan.
– Upcoming events:
11/1 – LIPOA Happy Hour at Aldo’s from 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM.
11/15 – LIPOA Community Meeting at 7 PM in St. Leo’s Church Basement
12/20 – LIPOA Holiday Party
LIPOA Meeting 6/21/16
St. Leo’s Church Basement
(Started at approximately 7:05 PM)
Meeting started with Pledge of Allegiance and was followed by introduction of community members.
LIPOA [Acting] Secretary Appointed
- Perrin Shapiro, Acting Secretary – no one was voted in as secretary at our last meeting so Perrin is stepping in as acting secretary on the board. She is also assisting with social media efforts. She designed the updated our logo that can be found on the Facebook page and the new website.
- Marty McGuire, neighbor, developed LIPOA’s new website, which can be found at https://lipoabaltimore.org/ and set us up with a new newsletter platform (Mail Chimp). It’s easier to sign up and to opt out if you move out of the neighborhood.
Beginning Statement Balance (4/29/2016) —- $2,810.12
Three deposits $71.00
Ending Statement Balance (5/31/2016) $2,881.12
- Karen Fowler is the social committee lead Chair. Volunteers for Social Committee are welcome.
- Joe Benny’s co-sponsored happy hour w/ LIPOA (July 25th is the first one)
- This will be an every 4th Monday of the month event @ 5:30-7:30 with happy hour specials. Thanks, Joe!
- July 19th 6-8pm @La Tavola (248 Albemarle St.)
- Trying to arrange a social for September 13th 6-8pm. Location TBD.
Neighborhood Cleanup Day on Sept 24th
- Organizing the city to get us a free dumpster! Bring old trash cans to throw out!
- Sponsored by Promotion Center for Little Italy & Joe Benny’s.
- Everyone got their new BPW trash cans – yay! To the extent possible, please put them behind homes/in the alley or inside – spread the word!
- If your can is too big, and does not fit inside or behind your house, you can call the city at 311 pick up your trash can if you don’t want it and order a new smaller version of the trashcan.
- Can we build receptacles into the front of the home? Does it require a permit? LIPOA Board to discuss with Councilman Kraft’s office.
- October 20th Promotion Center for Little Italy is holding a networking social at Stratford University
- Promotion Center for Little Italy’s calendar will be shared on LIPOA’s new website.
Next LIPOA Social 7/19 at La Tavola @ 6 PM
Next LIPOA community meeting is Sept 20 the in the St Leo’s Church Basement @ 7 PM!